This Beef Heart Pate recipe came about after Christine and I made Stuffed Beef Heart on our YouTube show. Christine wasn’t keen to eat heart but took one for the team. However, she is a big fan of liver pate and I set out to create a recipe that would make her happy. Because this was an extension of our Valentine’s Day episode we thought Beef Heart Pate was the perfect way to celebrate Galentine’s Day. Thank you Leslie Knopp for turning a Hallmark holiday into a way to celebrate our girlfriends.
Before you make Beef Heart Pate you will need to cook a beef heart. You can refer to our video in which we stuffed a heart with a cracker stuffing then braised in beef broth on the stove top for three hours. Or use any recipe for beef heart you can find.
Beef Heart Pate Recipe
Beef Heart Pate
- food processor
- 2 cups cooked beef heart
- 3 Tbs clarified butter (Ghee)
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 Tbs capers
- 1/4 cup brandy
- Heat butter in a skillet and add onion and garlic. Saute on medium until onion is soft and transparent, about 10 minutes
- Add rosemary and capers and combine to heat through
- Add brandy and allow to sizzle and combine. Remove from heat.
- Cut cooked beef heart into chunks and add to a food processor. Add onion mixture. Lock on lid and blend until mixture is smooth. Stopping now and then to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Line desired mold with cling wrap and fill with meat mixture. Press as much in and smooth out top. Cover and chill in refridgerator until ready to serve.
If you have leftover beef heart and aren’t sure what to do with it, may I make a suggestion: